The Beacon may be the ultimate dynamo light for off-road use and bikepacking. The broad, even beam illuminates all obstacles in your way, including obstructions or hazards above the horizon line that a cutoff, German-style beam would keep in the dark. The USB output reliably charges most small electronics and the power input feature provides flicker-free light at any speed using your external cache battery.
Ryan has a Beacon on his Karate Monkey that performed flawlessly on the 2017 Colorado Trail Race along with countless mountain and desert miles before and since. A pre-production model was on Lael Wilcox's bike when she and Nicolas Carman pioneered the Baja Divide route.
We try to keep Black and Silver Beacons in stock but mostly bring these lights in on a special-order basis. Please allow 14-18 days for your Beacon order to ship. They are produced on a 2-week lead time. Rest assured, it is worth the wait! Need it faster? Email or call and we'll see what we can do.
For Mix-and-Match color orders: Please include your color choices (black, silver, red, blue) for each body section (front, middle, back) in the "Notes" field on your order. Please include a telephone number and/or email where we can reach you to confirm your selection.
Need a handlebar mount? We like the Schmidt Headlight Bracket, especially on Jones Bars or Moloko Bars. The B+M Handlebar Mount is a great option for flat bars or drop bars if you want the light in line with the centerline of your bike.
MADE IN THE USA
- All Sinewave products are made in the USA. The Beacon is the only commercially available dynamo light made in the US.
INTEGRATED USB CHARGER
- Charge your phone, GPS, or any other USB device directly from the Beacon; no need for a separate charger.
POWER INPUT OPTION
- An external, off-the-shelf USB battery pack can be connected to maintain bright, flicker-free light even when stopped or riding slowly. Any available dynamo power replaces battery power until reaching a speed when all power is provided by the dynamo and the battery is no longer used. The necessary USB-to-DC input cable is included.
- Lots of light, suitable for any style of riding.
BROAD, SYMMETRICAL BEAM PATTERN
- Ideal choice for off-road riding.
SUPERIOR BRIGHTNESS AND REDUCED FLICKER AT LOW AND MEDIUM SPEEDS
- Dynamo power is optimized at low-to-medium speeds, reaching 200 lumens at just 5 MPH, 500 lumens at 8 MPH, 650 lumens at 10 MPH, and 750 lumens at 13 MPH.
CHARGER PRIORITY MODE
- Intelligently balances power between light and charger to optimize simultaneous use. This feature works best when the light is being used as a daytime running light.
- A supercapacitor, charged while riding, provides about 5 minutes of standlight when stopped.
- We are able to mix-and-match different colors for the front, middle, and back of the Beacon. Pick a combination that matches your bike or represents your country or team.
- The 10mm mounting tab is compatible with mounting hardware from B&M, Supernova, Schmidt, etc.
- L x W x H - 58 x 42 x 42mm
- 115g (includes 36" dynamo wire)
- A taillight output is available and is controlled by the headlight.
- Designed to be used in any conditions. Multiple seals protect against water ingress, electronics are potted in epoxy and all connectors are designed for resistance to the elements.
- The Beacon is built to last and Sinewave stand behind their products 100%.