The Beacon may be the ultimate dynamo light for off-road use and bikepacking. The broad, even beam illuminates all obstacles in your way, including obstructions or hazards above the horizon line that a cutoff, German-style beam would keep in the dark. The USB output reliably charges most small electronics and the power input feature provides flicker-free light at any speed using your external cache battery.
Ryan has a Beacon on his Karate Monkey that performed flawlessly on the 2017 Colorado Trail Race along with countless mountain and desert miles before and since. The Bike Hermit has a beacon on his Troll that is currently making its way down the Baja Divide in Mexico. Oh, and a pre-production model was on Lael Wilcox's bike when she and Nicolas Carman pioneered the Baja Divide route! How's that for a pedigree!
Please allow 14-18 days for your Beacon order to ship. We try to keep a handful in stock but mostly bring these lights in on a special-order basis. They are produced on a 2-week lead time. Rest assured, it is worth the wait! Need it faster? Email or call and we'll see what we can do.
For Mix-and-Match color orders: Please include your color choices (black, silver, red, blue) for each body section (front, middle, back) in the "Notes" field on your order. Please include a telephone number and/or email where we can reach you to confirm your selection.
Need a handlebar mount? We like the Schmidt Headlight Bracket, especially on Jones Bars or Moloko Bars. The B+M Handlebar Mount is a great option for flat bars or drop bars if you want the light in line with the centerline of your bike.
MADE IN THE USA
- All Sinewave products are made in the USA. The Beacon is the only commercially available dynamo light made in the US.
INTEGRATED USB CHARGER
- Charge your phone, GPS, or any other USB device directly from the Beacon; no need for a separate charger.
POWER INPUT OPTION
- An external, off-the-shelf USB battery pack can be connected to maintain bright, flicker-free light even when stopped or riding slowly. Any available dynamo power replaces battery power until reaching a speed when all power is provided by the dynamo and the battery is no longer used. The necessary USB-to-DC input cable is included.
- Lots of light, suitable for any style of riding.
BROAD, SYMMETRICAL BEAM PATTERN
- Ideal choice for off-road riding.
SUPERIOR BRIGHTNESS AND REDUCED FLICKER AT LOW AND MEDIUM SPEEDS
- Dynamo power is optimized at low-to-medium speeds, reaching 200 lumens at just 5 MPH, 500 lumens at 8 MPH, 650 lumens at 10 MPH, and 750 lumens at 13 MPH.
CHARGER PRIORITY MODE
- Intelligently balances power between light and charger to optimize simultaneous use. This feature works best when the light is being used as a daytime running light.
- A supercapacitor, charged while riding, provides about 5 minutes of standlight when stopped.
- We are able to mix-and-match different colors for the front, middle, and back of the Beacon. Pick a combination that matches your bike or represents your country or team.
- The 10mm mounting tab is compatible with mounting hardware from B&M, Supernova, Schmidt, etc.
- L x W x H - 58 x 42 x 42mm
- 115g (includes 36" dynamo wire)
- A taillight output is available and is controlled by the headlight.
- Designed to be used in any conditions. Multiple seals protect against water ingress, electronics are potted in epoxy and all connectors are designed for resistance to the elements.
- The Beacon is built to last and Sinewave stand behind their products 100%.