The Clikstand Trangia Combo is a great option for an ultralight and ultra reliable camp cook system. The pot stand is stainless steel, weighs just 3.3 oz and made in the USA. These stands are very stable and easily assembled with a three point design system. They are relatively wide and support larger pots. The stands are collapsible and fold flat when not in use, fitting easily into your cook pot along with the refillable spirit burner.
Using an alcohol cook system is safe, cheap and reliable. You can get denatured alcohol at just about any hardware store and carry it with you in any plastic container. Check out the refillable 8oz Vargo Bottle we carry here! Depending on conditions you may want to use the Clikstand Windscreen.
There are many reasons to be traveling on your next bikepacking adventure with this minimalist cook setup. Here are just a few from bikepacking.com's review of the Clikstand System
- Minimal waste compared to a canister system.
- Quiet and relaxing to use.
- Maintenance free – no fuel lines to clog or parts to break.
- Relatively clean fuel can be stored in a plastic bottle. More can be carried as and when it’s needed.
- Easy to use compared to a multi-fuel system.
- Fuel is cheap and found in many pharmacies, paint shops, and hardware stores the world over
Trangia Spirit Burner
Total Weight: 3.8 oz. (108g)
Burner Weight: 2.3 oz. (65g)
Screw Cap Weight: 0.7 oz. (20g)
Simmer Ring Weight: 0.8 oz. (23g)
Material: Stainless Steel
Weight: 3.3 oz. (94 g)
Made in USA