Adopting features from the award-winning 8L Terrapin® System, the 14L Terrapin® features Revelate's exclusive Indie-Rail attachment system. With Indie-Rail, each saddle rail is cinched down hard to the sides of the bag - a progression from conventional seat bag mounts where the rail straps are fixed to the top center of the bag. Straps attached in this way can slip over top of the rails no matter how firmly they're cinched. This ingenious attachment method virtually eliminates side to side bag sway without the need for external hardware. This is combined with a rigid internal structure and active cam buckles to prevent straps from slipping on rough terrain for a rock-solid harness system.
Other features also include an external plastic bottom sheet which protects the bottom of the bag like a fender. The harness is stiffened on all sides while a composite internal top sheet provides a solid and stable platform for the strap points and transmits the vertical load to the seatpost connection. An external webbing and loop system houses a bungee and provides additional external lash points.The RF-welded drybag is unchanged from the previous version. It is made from durable, TPU laminated ripstop nylon, features a tapered, contoured shape to match the harness and a simple roll closure. A twist-locking purge valve allows air to be easily pressed out for a tight pack. Overall, this is the most highly-evolved and feature-rich seat bag system Revelate has ever produced. Load it up and get out there!
- Indie-Rail attachment system and active cam hardware provide a super stable mount without added hardware.
- Radio frequency welded drybag with air purge valve
- Protective external plastic bottom frame sheet
- Aluminum hardware at high-stress points
- Composite internal top frame sheet
- Revelate exclusive RevX-PAC panels that are 2 times as abrasion resistant as standard VX material.
- Foam-stiffened side panels with fiberglass compression stays
- External webbing and bungee for additional storage
- Integrated velcro strap keepers
- Carbon seatpost friendly
- Compatible with Thudbuster with use of Thudbuster extension
- 8.5" minimum tire clearance required from saddle rails to top of tire. This is a large seat bag. Check tire clearance with bag properly packed and loaded prior to use to prevent bag damage or worse. On full suspension bikes fully compress rear suspension and check tire clearance prior to use.
Harness made in USA with domestic and imported materials. Drybag imported.
- Weight: Terrapin® - 14oz; Drybag 4.25 oz
- Volume: 14 Liters - 3 rolls of bag closure
- Materials: Revelate exclusive VX 21 X-pac; Rhinotec; Drybag: 200-denier waterproof TPU laminated ripstop nylon with air purge valve