With the Spinelock bag, Revelate set out to create the most stable, low profile, feature loaded, waterproof seat bag available. The Spinelock checks all the boxes.
The Spinelock incorporates features from bags like the Terrapin such as a one-way air purge valve, taillight attachment daisy chain, loop and bungee deck, and an external plastic bottom sheet. The big change here is the new patented attachment system. Stability was the driving element in the design process. If you want a rock-steady bag you can pack and forget, the Spinelock is your seat bag.
How It Works:
The Spinelock stability system consists of three components: the saddle clamp, seat bag mounted “Spine” baseplate, and pin.
A low profile, high strength, forged aluminum clamp works in combination with precision IGUS bushings to form the pin interface. Twin forged upper arms, fastened by Torx-25 bolts, rotate into position above the saddle rails for easy attachment to your saddle.
The "Spine" baseplate is made of an impact resistant, UV-stabilized nylon and is integrated to the seat bag surface. The plate features two mounting positions to accommodate saddle setback and angle adjustments. To connect the bag, you simply line up your selected mounting position to the seat mounted clamp and slide the pin through the aligned holes. Attaching the side compression straps to the wings of the clamp fixes the pin in place and you’re ready to ride!
Check out the installation video below for more detailed mounting instructions. A T-25 torx is the only tool required. You probably have one on your multi-tool as this is the same fitting that most 6-bolt disc brake rotors use.
There are two size options, neither of which sacrifice features for capacity. The Spinelock 16L is Revelate's largest seat bag and is perfect for longer trips, cold weather, or if you just like to pack extra. If you have inadequate tire clearance or are going on warm weather adventures we recommend checking out the Spinelock 10L. Sometimes less is more!
The Spinelock 16L requires 9.5"/24 cm tire clearance and 6.5"/16.4 cm exposed seat post. See the sizing diagram in the photos above for a visual reference. This is a big bag requiring lots of clearance, so better to size down if you're on the fence rather than risk bag damage or a nasty crash.
- Innovative Spinelock stability system completely eliminates side to side sway.
- RF welded construction is 100% waterproof when properly rolled.
- Two mounting positions accommodate a wide range of saddle setback and angle adjustments.
- A low profile, high strength, forged aluminum clamp works in combination with precision IGUS bushings to form a quick-release pin interface making bag removal a cinch.
- Internal HDPE plastic structure provides stability.
- One way, low profile, air purge valve makes tight packing easy.
- Carbon seatpost friendly. NOT compatible with carbon fiber saddle rails.
- Hypalon daisy chain creates attachment points for a rear light.
- Top mounted external webbing and bungee system provides additional storage.
- Protective external plastic bottom frame sheet acts as an effective fender and helps prevent abrasion to the bag.
- Active camming buckles prevent side straps from slipping on rough terrain.
Important Fit and Use Notes:
- The Spinelock bag is NOT compatible with carbon fiber saddle rails.
- The Spinelock bag is only compatible with traditional style saddle rails and may not be compatible with some models of Brooks saddles.
- This product is not designed for use with dropper seatposts.
- This bag is for carrying soft, pliable objects. Sufficiently pad any hard-edged objects such as cooksets, tools, etc to prevent premature wear.
- It is mandatory to check tire clearance prior to use, especially with full suspension bikes. Bag contact with a tire can cause a bad wreck and ruin your day. Tire damage to the bag is not covered by warranty.
- A Torx-25 wrench is needed for installation. you likely already have one on your multi-tool!
Weight: 24 ounces; 680 grams
Volume: 16 liters; 975 cubic inches
Materials: 210 Denier Ripstop Nylon with dual coated TPU, urethane based Hypalon reinforcement fabric, UV-stabilized, impact resistant nylon resin, forged aluminum. Imported.