These are excellent all-road tires, for either your custom build or if you're converting your mountain bike to handle better on pavement. The tread pattern on these tires interlocks with the road surface, giving you excellent cornering grip on dry and wet roads. The tread is thick in the center to last for many miles, but thin and supple on the side walls.
Rene Herse names all their tires after passes that inspire them "Rat Trap Pass bridges the gap between the mighty Suiattle and White Chuck Rivers. It’s a road that is rough in places and smooth in others, and the extra volume increases your confidence and speed. On pavement, the grip of the Rat Trap Pass is incredible – think race car with ultra-wide tires."
- Clincher, folding bead
- Actual width on 23 mm rims: ~53-54 mm
- Maximum pressure with tubes: 55 psi (3.8 bar)
- Maximum recommended pressure – tubeless: 55 psi (3.8 bar)
- Actual width on 20 mm rim (internal): approx. 52 mm
- Actual width on 23 mm rim (internal): approx. 53 mm
- Extralight casing: +1 mm width
- Tubeless: +0.5 mm width
- Recommended Rim: 17 - 39 mm (inner width; hookless: +1 mm)