Web Store-ista (Online Customer Service & Order Fulfillment)
Bike Touring News HQ – Boise, Idaho (potential for some remote work once trained)
January 2022 (potentially sooner)
Highly Flexible. ~20 hours, 4-5 days per week will be required to start. Potential to transition to full-time once fully trained. All weekdays are order fulfillment days. Open shop hours are 11-6, Tuesday-Friday.
Hourly rate is negotiable based on demonstrated skill and experience. Wage increase after six weeks training is completed and every six months thereafter pending performance review. Potential for bonuses/perks based on performance.
- Flexible schedule with ample time off for holidays, riding and travel.
- Opportunities to participate in, lead, guide, and organize rides, events, campouts, etc.
- Access to employee pricing on bikes and gear.
- Bike commuting incentives.
- Opportunity to help build and evolve a culture, brand and company based in the power of bike travel.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Web Store-ista is on the front lines of our mission to empower the bicycle traveler. This person will fulfill online orders with care and precision, provide customer service via phone, email and web chat with a focus on the customer's needs and riding experience.
Typical daily tasks also include maintenance of the BTN eCommerce platform, general shipping and receiving, inventory management, organizing backstock and working with front-of-house staff to keep products stocked, organized, merchandised and properly labeled.
There are a multitude of potential areas for growth depending on the individual’s skill set and aptitudes. These may include but are not limited to in-store customer service, mechanical work, content creation for web, blog or social media, ride/event planning/leadership, etc. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about sharing the joy of bike travel with all kinds of people and who is ready to grow with us!
- Bike travel experience is mandatory.
- Friendly, helpful and professional demeanor.
- Strong code of personal ethics and the ability to treat all people with dignity and respect.
- High level of computer literacy (we run Macs).
- High level of organizational skill and fine attention to detail.
- Must love people, bikes and dogs.
- eCommerce/web design experience is a massive plus.
- Hands on experience with the key brands/products/services BTN offers.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant trends in the bicycle and outdoor industries.
- E-commerce/web design experience.
- Event/ride planning, promotion and leadership.
- Content creation skills – photography, graphic design, social media, etc.
- First Aid certification, Leave No Trace training or other outdoor leadership training.
About Bike Touring News
Bike Touring News was founded in 2011 with the mission of Empowering the Bicycle Traveler. Many things have changed since those early days but the mission remains the same. We are dedicated to providing our customers with the goods, services and information they need to ride and use their bicycle more of the time, whether that means riding to the corner store, to work, on an overnight camping trip or across a continent.
To that end, we operate a web store that ships goods all over the world along with a physical retail location and full-service bike shop in our Boise, Idaho headquarters. We also strive to provide helpful, informative and entertaining content via our social media and blog platforms. We leverage our knowledge, experience and passion to provide the best possible customer service and share the stoke of bike travel with our current and future customers, here in Boise and around the world.
How to Apply
Your application should include the following components:
- Your resumé (no more than two pages) outlining relevant skills, abilities and experience.
- A cover letter (no more than 1000 words) describing what got you hooked on bike travel and what motivates you to share that passion with others.
- Three brief descriptions (incorporated into resumé or cover letter) of bike trips you’ve taken in the past.
- Three references who can speak to your stated skills, abilities and experience.
You may deliver these documents via email, USPS or in person. Send your application to:
Bike Touring News – 3853 N. Garden Center Way, Boise, ID 83703
We look forward to hearing from you!