Notes: Complete bikes are available for in store pickup only. We try to keep the site updated, but inventories change and color options change from year to year so some frame size/color options may not be available.
The Troll is the Ogre's baby brother. We don't consider it a mountain bike, but is does run 26" wheels and has awesome clearance with room for fatter tires. What is great about the Troll is the versatility, great for mountains, commuting or touring. We think it is the perfect adventure bike. The 2017's are amazing!
We won't go into huge detail, just go read more on Surly
Bike Touring News offers Surly Troll as complete bikes, or just the frame/fork. We assist you in determining the correct size. ONCE this is determined we order the bike for you. If you order a complete bike we build it and adjust the fit to your measurements. Because of this and in accordance with Surly Bikes' policies we limit the sale of complete Troll's to local, in-store delivery only. Please contact us for more information and we'd be happy to discuss options!
Use the Troll as a mountain bike, cruiser, commuter or touring rig. Make it your go-to utility tractor. Try out different tires and handlebars. Add some racks, build it with gears, or strip it down to a singlespeed drivetrain. Take it camping, ride it to the grocery store or session on your favorite single-track. Build it up, ride it for a while, then reinvent it
- Surly 4130 chromoly steel, main triangle double-butted
- TIG-welded,Horizontal slotted with derailleur hanger, Gnot-Boost spacing allows the use of 135mm QR hub, 142 x 12mm thru-axle or 148 x 12mm Boost hubs. Features Rohloff torque arm slot and threaded eyelets for fenders, racks and Surly trailer mounts
- Full-length Surly Trip Guide housing line guides for derailleurs and brakes; two sets of bottle cage mounts; removable post cantilever pivots; upper seatstay threaded barrels, mid- and low-blade fully threaded through-blade fork eyelets; threaded holes for racks, fenders and trailer mounting nuts; Rohloff OEM2 axle plate mounting slot
- Disc and rim brake compatible. Disc mounts are 51mm IS Rim brake pivots are removable. Note: rear disc brake is limited to 160mm maximum rotor diameter and requires the use of Surly caliper adaptor (included with frames and bikes)
- Frame is ED Coated for increased life expectancy
- Tire clearance for 26 x 3" Surly Dirt Wizard tires (complete bikes come with Surly Extra Terresterial 26 x 2.5)