We're sad to say that as of January 2019, Revelate will no longer be producing the Viscacha. Our remaining inventory is marked down to match Revelate's sale prices. When they're gone, they're gone! Score a great deal on a truly revolutionary piece of gear.
The original. Tried-and-true, often imitated but never duplicated. The Viscacha was one of the key pieces of Revelate gear that kicked off the bikepacking movement. While it has been constantly tweaked and improved over the years, the DNA of this classic remain the same. Strap it on, load it up and hit the trail.
This is a big bag for big trips. Take care to ensure proper tire clearance (9.5" MINIMUM between saddle rails and tire) before setting out, especially on full-suspension bikes. While this bag does feature a roll closure, it is not waterproof. The seams will soak through in extended wet conditions. Use waterproof stuff sacks to make sure critical gear stays dry - also handy for organization!
- Roll down closure allows bag to expand or compress in volume.
- EVA stiffened front and bottom plastic sheet provide rigidity and structure.
- Adjustable position saddle rail strap with urethane coated webbing provides fore-aft adjustment along saddle rails.
- Internal compression strap for snug packing and internal separation.
- Overkill aluminum loop seatpost wrap strap.
- Loops on top for attaching a bungee or spocket
- Carbon seatpost friendly
- Minimum of 9.5" clearance from saddle rails to top of tire
- Minimum length of exposed seat post is 5"
Check tire clearance with bag fully packed and loaded prior to use to prevent bag damage or worse. Be sure to FULLY COMPRESS rear suspension! Using a Thudbuster post? Read this link!
Volume: 6- 14 L
Weight: 385 g