NOTE: Revelate recently updated the Terrapin system with a handful of new features to improve stability and durability. You can find the new Terrapin here. These older versions are marked down to match Revelate's clearance pricing, so you can score a great deal on a killer bag! When they're gone, they're gone so don't sleep!
Want to quickly unload your entire seat pack and keep everything totally waterproof? The Terrapin is your answer. This highly-evolved system is ideal for fully-loaded bikepacking trips with a large capacity for plenty of gear.
The Terrapin System has two components: a holster-like mount and a made-to-match 3D-tapered RF-welded drybag. With the drybag you get a 100% waterproof system where the load can be quickly removed from the bike for packing or unpacking. A screw-type purge valve allows full compression of the load.
The Terrapin is compatible with the Spocket top pouch.
- Quickly removable drybag system. Pack the bag at camp then load on bike.
- Air Purge valve on right side of bag to enable compression.
- Side wing compression system featuring rigid foam side panels with fiberglass stiffening and an HDPE bottom sheet
- The lower side wing straps feature an upward pull, 3:1 mechanical advantage which engages the side panels
- Plastic and foam stiffened top mounting panel
- Will not bend or break when tossing the bike around.
- Dual, locking closure buckles.
- Customizable top panel system: Add a bungee, pair of straps or accessory pocket.
- Blinky light compatiable
- Alloy loop at seatpost attachment for strength.
- Minimum of 9.5" clearance from saddle rails to top of tire
- Minimum length of exposed seat post is 5"
This is a large seat bag. Check tire clearance with bag properly packed and loaded prior to use to prevent bag damage or worse. On full suspension bikes fully compress rear suspension and check tire clearance prior to use.
Harness made in USA with domestic and imported materials. Drybag imported.
- Weight: Harness - 13.0 oz; Drybag - 6 oz
- Volume: 14L with 3 rolls of the closure
- Materials: Harness - Revelate exclusive VX 21 polyurethane coated X-pac. Drybag - 200-denier waterproof TPU laminated nylon.