This is the updated (2015) Terrapin
For the bikepacker who wants to be able to remove the contents of a seat bag quickly while keeping the contents dry the Terrapin is your answer. This holster-like mount carries a drybag; either a thrid party's, or even better the specially designed and sold separately Terrapin Drybag. The new Terrapin now integrates with the Spocket top pouch. Will not bend or break and no bolts to rattle loose.
- Rigid foam side panels with fiberglass stiffening create a side wing compression system
- HDPE bottom sheet for extra wear protection
- Easy to use up-pull side straps with 3:1 mechanicle advantage = quick and secure attachment
- Plastic and foam stiffened top mounting panel
- Dual, locking closure buckles.
- Top panel system can be used to attach a Spocket or straps/bags
- Tail light loop
- Durable metal loop at seat post strap
- Minimum of 9.5" clearance from saddle rails to top of tire
- Minimum length of exposed seat post is 5"
Please make sure you have the minmum clearances on your bike to prevent damage or accidents. Fully compress the rear suspension of a full suspension bike before checking clearances,
- Weight: Terrapin - 13.0 oz; Drybag - 4.5 oz
- Volume: Drybag - 14L with 3 rolls of the closure
- Materials: Terrapin - VX 21 X-pac; Rhinotec; Drybag: 200-denier waterproof TPU laminated nylon