Denatured alcohol is one of the most readily available fuels for camping stoves. Hardware stores and grocery stores have it. Auto parts stores have the additive HEET which will burn as well. With an alcohol stove you don't need to worry about being able to find the specific fuel or canister you need. Lights with a match or lighter, or a spark from a fire steel.
The Esbit stove has similar features as the Trangia alcohol stove. Solid brass construction with a simmer ring/extinguisher and a tightly sealed lid for traveling without the need to burn or empty leftover fuel out of the stove. The simmer ring has a folding handle that remains cool to the touch when in use. This kit includes hard-anodized aluminum pots with large, silicone-coated, fold away handles. The base supports the burner and the pot and acts as a wind screen.
- Stove is solid brass construction
- Simmer ring/extinguisher
- Tight fitting sealed lid
- Kit includes a 985ml pot with volume indicator in liters and ounces and a 470ml pot that also doubles as a lid for larger pot
- Solid fuel base, pot stand, and alcohol burner nest inside big pot.
- Stores in included mesh bag
- Weight: 14.7 oz / 428 grams
- Dimensions packed: 5.8"x5" / 14.7cm x 12.8 cm