Ideal to protect one bicycle, adapting the tape to the surfaces to protect. The shelter pack comes with two 54 x 500 mm(*), 1,2 mm thick elements.
Easy to apply
Adhesion of Shelter is defined “semi-structural”, so very strong but not permanent. After being applied, it takes Shelter 8 hours before developing its optimal bonding. After that, normal bicycle use or washing won’t affect it, but it can be removed – if needed – without damaging the underlying paint.
Application of Shelter doesn’t require special tools or procedures, just normal skills and patience:
- after removing cables or other interfering elements, clean the area where you want to apply Shelter with alcohol and a clean cloth. Remove traces of dried-up alcohol with another clean, dry cloth;
- take the suitable pre-cut Shelter element or cut a custom made Shelter piece, without removing the backing paper;
- make sure the element fits the area you want to protect and make sure your hands are clean. After that, completely remove the backing paper, freeing the adhesive surface (try not to touch the adhesive surface with your fingers, or do it as little as possible: being transparent, fingerprints might show);
- gently position Shelter on the area to protect, without applying pressure and without stretching the material. Re-position it if necessary, until it sits exactly where you want it. As this point, start applying an even pressure, working from the center and going towards the sides, to avoid trapping air bubbles and making wrinkles;
- work on the whole Shelter element to make it stick to the surface. Insist on the edges and on tight curved sections to make sure the adhesion is even.
You can use your bicycle immediately after applying Shelter, remembering that the full adhesion is achieved after 8 hours.
To remove Shelter, peel it off slowly, making sure not to delaminate it. Doing so, Shelter won’t leave any trace of glue on the surface it was formerly attached to, even after several years.
Shelter is transparent but won’t turn yellowish over time, thanks to its UV-protection. It will even protect the underlaying frame paint from UV degradation.
IMPORTANT: after the removal of Shelter, there may be differences in color between protected areas and not, in case of fluorescent paints or bright colors.